2013年7月16日星期二

Tonight's Dinner Grilled mozzarella and pluots

Fresh Fruit Makes Grilled Cheese SweetFresh bread, fresh mozzarella and fresh fruit turns everyone's favorite comfort food into something really special.

About six weeks ago I did a recipe on fruit quesadillas. Since they were such a huge success with my family, I wondered how the American version of that dish would go over. There are still a few weeks left of pluot season, so I thought I'd give it a try. But this time, instead of tortillas and that yummy shredded Mexican blend cheese, I was going to use fresh sourdough bread and fresh mozzarella. I even dipped it in a little white balsamic for some extra tang. The result was even better than I hoped. My son actually wanted seconds, which isn't very common in my house. So, you can bet I'll definitely be making these again before pluot season ends.

Grilled Mozzarella and PluotsIngredients:8 slices sourdough bread4 pluots, pitted and thinly sliced4 ounces fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese, sliced4 tablespoons butterDirections:
    Lay four slices of bread on a cutting board. Top with sliced pluots divided evenly. Top with mozzarella and remaining bread slices.Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook, turning once until golden and crisp on both sides, about four minutes total. Serve.

More Tonight's Dinner Recipes >>Other Grilled Cheese Recipes from SheKnows

Bacon and pimento grilled cheese

Grilled cheese nibblers on wheat bread

Veggie grilled cheese sandwich

没有评论:

发表评论